The sort of project that will demand huge sacrifices of Piggy's available free time, beloved stash (both embarassingly plentiful, I must admit), and will tax my patience and wits (rather more scarce).
Oh, and lifelines. Likely several, in fact. Yep, I'm talking about lace.
And I'm bringing you along for what is almost certain to be
I need a knitting pattern for a lace stole/wrap in either laceweight or fingering-weight yarn that:
- is not perfectly triangular -- Piggy's posterior is quite big enough that it doesn't need a sharp arrow pointing to it, thank you very much -- rectangular would be ideal;
- requires at least 732 metres/800 yards of yarn (per the HPKCHC rules for the Charms O.W.L.);
- should be reasonably challenging but not sanity-threatening for a lace novice to complete within three months;
- is available in English; and
- is available as a Ravelry download, from Twist Collective OR another online source that accepts PayPal cheques (Piggy doesn't use credit cards!) -- either free or for a maximum cost of US $10.
Clear as mud? Good stuff. So here's how this will work:
- leave a comment after this post with the name of your pattern suggestion(s) by 9 p.m. Pacific time on Sunday, April 25;
- try not to suggest a pattern already entered above your comment: only the first nomination of a pattern will count; I've made a folder of the nominees so far in my Ravelry queue;
- I will select a short list of no more than five patterns, which I will post as a poll;
- voting will be open until 9 p.m. Pacific time on Saturday, May 1; I will post the results within the following hour; and
- the pattern that receives the most votes will be my O.W.L. project; the reader who nominated the pattern will receive one skein of Wollmeise yarn from my stash -- her/his choice of 100% Merino Superwash in the Sabrina colourway OR Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin in the Pfefferminz Prinz colourway.
But wait -- there's more! If you nominated one of the non-winning short-listed patterns, I'll send you one skein of Malabrigo Lace -- in the Vaa colourway -- from my stash.
PLUS: everyone who submits a pattern suggestion -- whether or not your pattern makes the short list -- will receive one entry in a random draw. I'll pick three winners, who will each choose one Ravelry pattern download (max. US $7 each).
For an extra entry -- or two -- in the random draw, blog about the Tell Piggy What to Knit! contest (including a link to this post) and/or tweet the following (please include your twitter id in your comment, so I know who you are!):
So get your ideas in, piglets! Tell your knitting pals to come over here and give me their ideas, too.