Ha ha ha.
But honestly, the weather here has been atrocious lately. Vancouverites are generally a fairly easy-going lot when it comes to the rain; we joke that we live on the Wet Coast, and we rust rather than tan. But this past week or so has been truly awful: fierce winds, torrential downpours all day long, punctuated by bouts of hail, power outages...the full meal deal.
So I've been holed up inside all day today, looking for my next knit (I know, I should be restarting my wee lace project, but I've managed to misplace the required needles. Convenient, yes, but also true!). And I managed to find a few weather-inspired patterns to consider.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Stormy Weather Faux Cardigan by Jessika Ava
- Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague
- Storm Cloud Shawlette by Hanna Breetz
- Four Winds double-knitting hat by Alasdair Post-Quinn
- Rolling Thunder Socks and the complementary fingerless gloves by Sivia Harding
- Blue Lightening Socks by Annie O'con
- Tempest cardigan by Ann Weaver
- Singing in the Rain socks by Louisa Sisson
Which is just as well, since the forecast is for rain, rain and more rain.