Friday, July 13, 2012

A-Z questionnaire

Easing back into the blog...what better way than a nice meme, eh? I found this one through Melanie at Mad Passions. Here goes...

A. Age: 39...for a few days more. Gulp.

B. Bed Size: Double. Just me. 

C. Chore you hate: Ironing. I loathe it. I swear, for every wrinkle I remove, I create at least two more. I can't remember the last time I ironed anything. Why yes, I am a bit of a slob.

D. Dogs: I lurve dogs. Especially large ones. Nobody loves you as much as your dog. I don't have one, and doubt I will anytime soon, so I get my doggie fix by volunteering at the SPCA and dog-sitting. 

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee. Two cups of strong, unflavoured, fully caffeinated coffee, with rather too much soy creamer (or half-and-half when that's not available) and one sugar.

F. Favourite Color: Green. Most every shade.

G. Gold or Silver: Silver or white gold. 

H. Height: 5 foot 6 1/2 inches. Yep, that extra half inch is important.

I. Instruments you play: None. I played clarinet in school, and oboe for one year, but that was many moons ago.

J. Job Title: At the moment, unemployed and looking for work. Oh, and pet/house sitter.

K. Kids: ...are something for other people. LOL. None for me, thank you. I like being around other people's kids, though. 

L. Live: Yep. In Vancouver, BC. Moved here from Toronto when I was three years old. Where I'd moved when I was a year and a half from Montreal, where I was born. 

M. Maiden Name: I've only had the one surname.

N. Nicknames: Piggy, Hils, Hilly

O. Overnight hospital stays: As a patient, one.

P. Pet Peeve: Cranky Piggy is cranky, so there ain't just one: price tags (particularly on books) that don't peel off cleanly; yarn with knots in it (ones I didn't put there!); slow drivers in the left-hand lane; people who think their pets are disposable; willfully ignorant people who blindly follow others without thinking... I could go on all day. Better not. 

Q. Quote: "I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." ~ Dorothy Parker

R. Righty or Lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: One younger sister.

T. Time you wake up: In my current jobless state...whenever I wake up. Tomorrow, for example...well, it's 1:30 a.m. now, so...late-ish, I'm thinking.

U. University Attended: McGill. Left before I finished my degree, which was the right thing at the time, yet remains my biggest regret.

V. Vegetables you dislike: When I was a kid, Brussels sprouts were the one thing I was permitted to ignore if they were served to me when I was a guest, because the obnoxious retching noises I made when attempting to eat one was deemed far more rude than my refusal to do so. I've had them a couple of times as an adult, and when they're not cooked until soft (sorry, Mum, but seriously...you overcook veggies), they aren't quite as bad as all that, but I still wouldn't cross the road for one. Or the kitchen.

W. What makes you run late: Erm...so, so many things. This is one of my bad habits.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: Besides dental X-rays (too numerous to count)...two, I think.

Y. Yummy food you make: I'm a decent cook and baker. I used to be known for my cheesecake; I haven't made one in a bajillion years, though. I make a killer vegan pumpkin cake. 

Z. Zoo animal: Not a big zoo person...I've got some issues with the concept. Growing up, my favourite were the otters; they're just seriously cute.

Ok, kids -- you know what to do. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth RodriguizJuly 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM

    Welcome back. Maybe it's time I revived my own blog. It's been a quiet six months in my bloggy life, but rambunctious otherwise.

    ReplyDelete