Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday

And hey, it's a hat!


Dean Street #2

This is a Dean Street Hat for my niece Sarah, in Malabrigo Worsted. The colourway is called Shocking Pink. I disagree with the name -- it's far too bland to be 'shocking' -- but it's lovely nonetheless. When it's done, it will look exceptionally similar to this one, knit for Sarah's big sister Elizabeth:

 
Dean Street #1

This one's also in Mmmmmal Worsted. Colourway: Hollyhock. 

I love this pattern. Cabling without a needle for the win! The designer, Mal Gal extraordinaire Nina Machlin Dayton, gives a nice tutorial for the procedure, which makes it easy, too. I see many more of these in my future. Oh, and it's a freebie, too, and also comes in a chunky weight version -- the math's all done for you. 

What's your latest favourite pattern?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice hats......love the colours.

    ReplyDelete