Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ooooh, baby!

Make that babies.

Fortunately for Piggy, it doesn't really matter that I don't have any exciting accomplishments to write about, three of my knitting pals have each done something remarkable in the last couple of weeks. The same thing, in fact. Well, same-same, but different, as one of my favourite Indian expressions goes.

Carly, Gabrielle and Megan have all welcomed new babies recently. And I actually managed to get some baby knitting done.

First came Carly's gorgeous baby girl, ZĂ©lie. I still have to get her present packed up and sent to Newfoundland, but here it is, anyway...





Set h

That is an in threes cardigan (love this pattern!), in Spud & Chloe Sweater, along with an improvised beanie.

Next up was Gabrielle, who has a new bouncing baby boy. Who will have a new hat delivered to him on Monday.

 

Spud's Hat - Now with more Vikings!

I know, you've seen this picture before. :o) That's a Sweet and Simple Baby Hat, in Malabrigo Worsted. So soft and cuddly. 

And last, but not least, Meg delivered her wee baby girl (known affectionately -- really! -- as 'The Dictator'), arrived last night. It'll be a little while before she can wear my shower gift:

 

In Threes

Yes, that would be another in threes. I told you I loved the pattern! This one is in Malabrigo Rios. Nom, nom, nom.

Welcome, babies! And congratulations, parents! 

And hooray for baby knits. I really love knitting for babies...like the recipients, the projects are super-cute, and I don't have to deal with them for too long. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet baby things! I'm knitting with Malabrigo worsted in Whale's Road, and I'm in love. Just a little project, but not for a baby!

    ReplyDelete