Friday, November 4, 2011

In which Piggy's clock goes THUMP, THUMP, THUMP!

I have never wanted children. Seriously, never. When I was about...I dunno, 10? 12? I told my dad that I might want to get married one day, but I didn't want to have babies. His response?

"Well then, why the Hell would you want to get married?"

But that's a philosophical discussion for another day. Or, well...not. I digress. Wildly.

Point is, this evening, my ovaries started doing somersaults in a rather peculiar way. 

This happened while I was holding the absolutely, uncontestably perfect new life that is baby Ava...



Avelyn and Piggy hat


...who just happens to be wearing my Friday Finished Object,a teeny-tiny ribbed hat in Piggy's favourite pink yarn (Fuchsia Malabrigo Worsted) for Miss Ava, whose lovely wee head is still a little bit small for all the hats her lovely mum megknitficent had on hand. One tweet-to-arms later, and I cast on this afternoon.

I was a lucky Piggy indeed to be able to deliver the hat this evening, and steal the babe from her mum, dad and grandma for a bit. 

There really is a biological clock...99% of me doesn't want babies, but tonight, the other 1% took over. If only for a half hour or so.

4 comments:

  1. Though I already have two of my own, I have the same reaction to babies. We will *not* be having any more, but for the time I get to snuggle all the new babies around me, my ovaries scream. The instant I give them back though, I remember how much I enjoy sleep, using the bathroom alone, and non-functional boobs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, can't fight biology ALL the time I guess. Stupid hormones and maternal instincts! She is a very lovely baby! Is she going by Ava for short?

    And well done on the speedy FO! It seems that babies are the cure for pre-processing. (They come too quick and grow too fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww. I saw megknitficent last summer at Sock Summit, and now the bump is Ava! Congrats all around. Cute hat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Piggy. I have no intention of getting little beesties (and fortunately mr beest is aware of this), but babies still can be darn cute.

    ReplyDelete