Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Somewhat more often, anyways...

...12 days is better than a month or so, right?

So, what's new chez Piggy? Not a lot, really. I'm looking for work (again!), yet despite having an abundance of free time, I have been singularly unproductive; my knitting mojo seems to have dried up entirely in the last few weeks. The actual stitching part, anyway; I remain very busy on the pattern queuing and online yarny window shopping (ok, some actual shopping, too -- hey, I stuck to the yarn diet until June 1, which was about four months and 28 days longer than anyone expected me to hold out!) front.

Hopefully I'll feel like doing some actual knitting soon. Really soon. This time next week, I'll be in Portland for Sock Summit! I'll be rooming with several of my bestest local yarnies and our pal from Ontario, which should be a blast. And I'll be meeting several online pals face-to-face for the first time, which I'm really looking forward to. And there's going to be yarn. A lot of pretty, pretty yarn. And the world's largest independent bookstore.

It's not the most responsible thing I've ever done, going away to a yarn-shopping paradise while unemployed, but thanks to an unexpectedly nice tax refund, I should manage to remain sheltered and fed come August. Perhaps not well fed...but fed. All the more reason to eat lots of yummy stuff while I'm away, no? So it's a good thing Portland has a metric shit-tonne (excuse me, a veritable plethora) of food establishments I will be aiming to visit. Too many to link to.

Oh, and while in Portland I'll be getting tattooed. For the first time. A knitting-themed tattoo. One the very lovely artist (bonus: she's a knitter!) I have been communicating with via e-mail thinks should be on the "bigger" side.

Which means I should bloody well make sure I a) get my knitting mojo back a.s.a.p. so I can justify having a knitting tattoo; and b) find a new job and/or a sugar daddy even sooner than a.s.a.p.

Seven more sleeps!


1 comment:

  1. So.... How was Sock Summit? If I didn't live on the other side of the country from it, I'd have tried to talk myself into going.

    ReplyDelete