Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hopping on the bandwagon: The ABCs of me

Pinching this from two of my favourite bloggers, Sara at Lazy Knits and Purls and Sarah The Student Knitter. I'm now a joiner three. :-)

A. Age: Thirtysomething. I won’t be able to say that for all that much longer. Honestly, anyway.
B. Bed size: Double. I’m very single.
C. Chore that you hate: Ironing. I always seem to create as many wrinkles as I remove, so I don’t do it. I’ve always said I’d need to marry a man who was handy with an iron, like my father, who did all his own ironing. See (B). As for chores I actually do...dusting pretty much blows, too.
D. Dogs: Love ‘em! None of my own, but I dogsit a fair bit, and hang with the doggies at the SPCA.
E. Essential start to your day: Coffee. Strong coffee. Two cups.
F. Favorite colour: If I have to pick just one: green. With purple and hot, hot pink close behind.
G. Gold or silver: Don’t really have any of either to speak of. I prefer the look of silver, I suppose. If I ever find me the ironing champion of my dreams, I suppose I’d go for a white gold ring.
H. Height: 5’ 6.5” (172 cm)
I. Instruments you play: I played clarinet in school. Also oboe for one year. Haven’t played either for decades.
J. Job title: Job seeker. Unemployed editor/writer/administrative dogsbody. Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
K. Kids: Nope. I’ll play with yours for a bit and give ‘em back, though.
L. Live: Erm...yes. In a one-bedroom apartment I moved to recently.
M. Mother’s name: Janet.
N. Nicknames: Piggy, Hils, Hilly
O. Overnight hospital stays: One. It was crazy. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.
P. Pet peeve: Gah! Too, too many. I’m not the most tolerant person. Drivers who don’t understand the concept of a passing lane; old-school sticky price tags that don’t peel off cleanly, especially on books; when people use ‘I’ when they should use ‘me’...
Q. Quote from a movie: I can never think of one when asked. Let’s go with “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Siblings: One younger sister.
T. Time you wake up: Six-ish.
U. Underwear: Jockeys. Comfort, baby, comfort.
V. Vegetable you hate: Turnips. Blech.
W. What makes you run late: I don’t run at all. Ba-dum-dum. Thanks, I’ll be here all week.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, hip.
Y. Yummy food that you make: Everything I make is yummy.
Z. Zoo animal: I don’t like zoos, but favourite wild animal...probably elephant.

3 comments:

  1. L.M.A.O

    Faves: W, Q (Offspring just used that quote on Friday!), and P (though I am the opposite-drives me nuts when folks use me when they should use I...as in he is taller than me.)

    Now off to read Sarah's answers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just hop on this bandwagon. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I almost put that quote too! hehe Does the mystery overnight hospital stay have anything to do with the hip x-ray? hehe

    (I feel like Student Knitter - lady detective!) ;)

    ReplyDelete