Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday (aka Whoro Wednesday)

I’ve been fairly productive, knitting-wise, in 2011. By my admittedly low standards, anyway. I have no hopes of winning the Pre-Process Knitters’ Stashdown challenge, but I’ve churned out four finished objects this month – two hats, a Bodum cozy and the Sleekit Beastie I showed you yesterday – and have two other new projects on the needles.

Unfortunately, I have only a crappy photo of the first, and no photo at all of the second. Sigh.

Here’s the start of my F@ck Cancer Hat, which is actually just a couple of rounds from completion:

F@ck Cancer Hat

I’m using Julie Hentz’s Lace-Edged Women’s Hat pattern and Rowan Calmer for this chemo cap, which is for the mother of a fellow Ravenclaw in the Rav House Cup.

And yesterday I jumped on the Brooklyn Tweed bandwagon and cast on a Turn a Square Hat, using Cascade 220 in a charcoal heather and – wait for it – Noro Kureyon.

I think I might have to accept that I have officially embraced Noro-Whorodom. Or Noro-Whorodom Lite, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. You're an enabler! I've added to my queue on Ravelry. heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to see you blogging again. I miss Vancouver and need every glimpse of it I can get. Looks like some nice destashing going on there.

    ReplyDelete