Thursday, December 2, 2010

Play it backwards, Sam

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here, as I was very gently reminded by a fellow Raveller yesterday morning. (Thanks for the kind words, Diane!)

The timing was ideal, really, as I’d been thinking about the blog quite a bit over the last week or two. It’s been a good couple of months since that’s been the case. I’ll spare you most of the boring (and, I’ll be honest, a few fairly juicy) details, and give you the bare-bones explanation: a fairly short, acute episode of serious depression, followed by a longer-lasting but less severe one.

The good news: I’m starting to feel quite a bit better. Which is why I can joke about the situation, and tell you it feels like I’ve been living in a country song: in the last couple of months, I’ve lost my job (contract ended), my best friend (who hasn’t spoken to me since my mood hit its lowest point) and, just a few days ago, my car (which could be revived, but at a cost far beyond the justifiable, even by a nut like me). Thank Bob I don’t have any pets...

Hence the title of this post. You know the joke, right? What happens when you play a country song backwards? – you get your truck back, your dog back, your girl back...

Seriously, though. I have a lot to be grateful for. I may have lost one friend, but I’ve become closer to others. I’m unemployed again, but I have an interview tomorrow, and I’m feeling ok about it. My car’s gone, but I’ll save some money and get some much-needed exercise by taking the bus and walking until I save up enough for a new beater.

And I’ve got a metric shit-ton (pardon me!) of new yarn to plan projects for...

I.


Have.


Much.


Too.


Yarn!

12 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're starting to feel better! We've missed our Piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, we've missed you. Don't you hate doing that sorry I've been gone post?

    Damn, what are doing trying on my life? I never heard that joke about the country record.

    Who could stay depressed with all that yummy, yummy yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you feeling better. I have my fingers crossed for you on the job front. I hope things start looking up for you. Next time your feeling down just roll around in the pretty yarn lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have you back! And the yaaaarn, oh my the yarn. :) It makes ME happy, just looking at it on screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY MOLY you have some gorgeous yarn to be grateful for!! I missed you, and was thinking about you. :) I'm super glad that you're feeling better, darlin'.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I'm glad you are feeling better. You've got plenty of yarn to cheer you up. I know looking at it all cheered *me* up. Plus, bus riding is very conducive to knitting I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you post :) And glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back and things are looking up. I missed you and your humour. Your yarn looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see ur back. MIssed ur unique humor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the downs, glad you are on an up, and that is some seriously, seriously happy yarn.

    ReplyDelete