Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Never give in. Never, never, never...

How did it get to be Wednesday night already? I think I've slept most of the last couple of days away. I'm currently down with a head cold of a rather obnoxious variety -- lots of coughing, plus sinuses more stuffed than Piggy's basket at a yarn sale.

Did somebody say yarn? Um, yeah, that would be me. Moving on...

This afternoon, after an eight-hour nap, I went to the post office to send Duncks the Wollmeise Lace. Now, normally I'd be upset about sending Wollmeise Lace away, but after hearing what Dunckie plans to do with it, I'm totally over the loss. Well, 98% anyway.

She is, you see, going to use it for her wedding shawl. All together now: awwwwwwwwwwwwww! And not just any shawl, but my absolute favourite shawl design: Irtfa'a, by Anne Hanson. Which happens to be the pattern Dunckie suggested for the contest; it failed to make the short list only because I knew I wasn't ready for it.

Anyway. I'd like to announce that in a classic example of the triumph of hope over experience, I will be attempting Spring Leaves once again. I'll be frogging those five rows and starting all over in September. I'm now calling it my Festivus Leaves stole, which I think makes more sense anyway, given the yarn I'm using is the Mistelzweig (Mistletoe) colourway.

Ok, before I pass out from the cold meds, here are the two latest additions to my stash:

Socks That Rock Mediumweight - Lucky
Socks That Rock Mediumweight, in Lucky

I picked this up in an auction in the LSG RAK group; proceeds went to a member of the group for her medical expenses. (I cannot tell you how happy I am to live in Canada. /postjack) Isn't that mini emergency skein adorable?


Tough Love Sock - Rusted
SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock, in Rusted

I am hoping this will be my first pair of completed socks. Stop laughing; it could happen. They'll be for a male friend of mine, hence the rather conservative, although beautiful, colourway. Anyone have a pattern suggestion for them?

No, this will not be a contest involving Wollmeise prizes. The meds aren't that strong!

Goodnight, y'all.



4 comments:

  1. For guy socks, a simple 3x1 rib works well or the YH's Earl Grey socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty yarn. And I think a wedding shawl is the perfect thing. I'm sure it takes a bit of the sting away from having to give up the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely yarns... good luck with the socks, youll make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom nom nom nom I love that Lucky yarn!!

    ReplyDelete