Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good things come in threes (recent stash enhancement, part 2)

First up, a skein of handspun from megknitficent. Here’s what I know for sure: it’s gorgeous and the fibre came from Pigeonroof Studios. If I recall correctly, it is about 200 metres of Blue Faced Leicester, but don’t quote me on that; I’ll get back to you.

meg's pigeonroof

I helped out at Meg’s recent wedding, and she gave me this lovely skein – one of her first for this year’s Tour de Fleece, I believe – as a thank you. Any time, Meg! Erm…that’s not right…just one wedding, please. I doubt that will be an issue, as Meg's new husband is definitely a keeper: he's giving up time (and luggage space!) in their upcoming Italian honeymoon so Meg can spend the day at the Wollmeise shop.

Today's other two pretties were birthday presents from my pals beentsy and MrsQuimby. Kind and super-generous souls both.

From beentsy, a skein of Wollmeise Twin in Arlene:

Arlene3

My camera hates purples for some reason. This yarn is far more beautiful than I've captured here. Stunning purples and rich brown.

The camera did slightly better with this pretty skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight, from Q:
Star Sapphire from MrsQ3

This is the Star Sapphire colourway, and it's a lovely, lovely blue-purple.

As always, I have absolutely no plans for any of these beauties. And that's ok by me.



4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, yarn is just for stroking and loving and making you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn as pets. It's quite perfect. You don't have to walk it, feed it, or go to the vet. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is not my favorite color, but the purple and brown look so rich and sensuous. Sort of what a really powerful yet beautiful queen would wear. (Have I been reading too much British history recently? hmmm....)

    ReplyDelete