Monday, July 19, 2010

Baa Baa Black Sheep...

Yessir, Piggy's got wool. That's not really noteworthy, of course. After all, as I may have mentioned before, I have a stash that literally wakes me up in the middle of the night, as precariously stacked Ziploc bags full o' fibre topple onto the kitchen's linoleum floor. (I live in a wee studio apartment, remember -- my kitchen is just a few feet from my bed. And my living room. And bathroom, for that matter).

But I digress.

I'm talking about new wool. Recent stash acquisition, friends. But that's for another post. (Largely because I've yet to take pics of most of my new lovelies. But whatever.)

This post is about the other thing I've been acquiring in decent numbers recently. Bags. Three of 'em, in fact. Ok, four. But that doesn't work with the title of the blog, and I really hate coming up with titles...so work with me, piggies.

First up, a sweet and simple drawstring bag from JennieGee on etsy.

Word.

A motto I live by. Erm...the second part, anyway. I need to work on that first bit. Anyhoo, this is one of her larger bags, and it holds a fair bit: a few skeins of yarn, plus the other two (ok, three) bags.

Next up, a bag I commissioned from Dancing Sheep, who is absolutely made of awesomesauce. Plus the fourth bag, a matching notions pouch Sheepie made for me as a gift.

Piggy bags from Sheepie

How cute is that fabric? Seriously, I defy anyone not to love these piggies.

And last but not least, the newest addition to my collection, made by my pal beentsy:

Sock bag by Beentsy

This nifty wee bag -- just the right size for a sock or two -- is made with some of the gorgeous hand-dyed fabric I won in Liz's blog contest a while back. Isn't it lovely? Thanks, Liz! And beentsy, of course, who kindly saved me from wrecking the fabric by sewing it myself.



4 comments:

  1. That "Keep Calm and Carry Yarn" bag is SO COOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so very welcome pretty lady. Glad I could make you a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric looks SO much better this way than it did folded flat in a box in my sewing room!! I am glad you got something nice out of it!!

    ReplyDelete