Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Awwww, shucks!

I've been so busy tinking, frinking and frogging all sorts of projects I almost missed something really, really nice today: I've been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by the lovely Sara at Lazy Knits and Purls. [ETA: Wow, Piggy's a lucky girl -- Lori from Thrums also nominated me! Thanks so much, Lori!]

Photobucket

Thank you so much, Sara -- you've really made my day.

Now I have to list 10 little-known facts about me, then nominate 10 beautiful bloggers of my own. So here goes:

  1. I have a great memory when it comes to historic dates, trivia, etc. But I have a really hard time remembering the 'big stuff'.
  2. Before I became a vegetarian (when I was 23, I think, see above), I rarely ate vegetables. And I liked my steak blue. Very blue.
  3. When I was seven (yes, I know this one for sure), I was carried up and down the aisles of a 747 (or it might have been an L10-11...) en route to Vancouver by several rowdy professional soccer players. I know I was seven, because said players were members of the Vancouver Whitecaps, who had just won the 1979 North American Soccer League championship..
  4. I suffer from social anxiety. Many people who know me might doubt this, but it's true.
  5. I have a weird crush on Kofi Annan.
  6. I have a chunk of pencil lead (yeah, I know it's graphite, but lead just sounds better) stuck in my right palm. It's been there since I was seven (or so...see #1). Every once in a while I consider performing surgery on myself to extract it, but so far, sanity has always won out.
  7. Hot new potatoes with homemade mayonnaise seriously rocks my world. 
  8. I set fire to myself this morning. Very briefly. 
  9. I tie my shoes using the Bunny Ears method. (Erm...am I the only one who thinks that a website devoted to shoelaces is a little strange?)
  10. I'm really quite boring; I can't come up with anything else. At least nothing I haven't already shared.

And now, my nominees. This is almost as hard as the list above -- there are so, so many beautiful bloggers I love to visit. Here are just 10 of them:

  1. Louisa, of Damselfly's Delights
  2. Mrs.Quimby, of The Adventures of Gladys and Harold Quimby
  3. Tammy, of so now what?
  4. Plae, of Land Unknown
  5. Marie, of Permission to Unwind
  6. Tania, of Cherry makes...
  7. Fiolinn, of Fiolinn and the handy gnomes
  8. Fridica, of Fridica
  9. Chris, of alice*thelma
  10. Rae, of Rae Knits N WA
Now I'd better get back to my knitting, so I have something to blog about soon!



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And thanks for nominating all these lovely blogs, I was just looking for new interesting things to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO WEIRD. I have a bit of graphite in my right palm too, in the meaty bit below the thumb, directly down from my index finger. I got it in 6th grade, so I was about 11. And the same for me with #4, on both counts - I have it, and no one believes me.

    But you're on your own with Kofi Annan. Though that is absolutely hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hilarious! Definitely *not* boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graphite? Just stuck there in your flesh? How have you not carved that out? I'm kidding, put down the exacto knife!

    Thanks for nominating me. Now I have to think of ten interesting things about me eh? Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wheeee, thanks for the award! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award! It took hours, but I've done my best to fulfill your trust in me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete