Saturday, May 1, 2010

Revisiting a past FO



Photobucket

Day 6: Revisit a past F/O
Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or crocheted, whether it is the hat your sister wears to school almost every day, or a pair of socks you wore until they were full of hole. Or maybe that jumper that your did just didn’t like that much…




Well this is a tad embarrassing.

Yesterday I went on about how I knit all over the place. So you think I'd have something to show for it. But the FOs -- other than of the dishcloth variety -- are a bit thin on the ground, chez Piggy. I suppose that's what you'd expect from the Queen of the Pre-Process Knitters, but I must say I'm feeling rather uncomfortable at the moment.

Most of my tiny number of completed projects have been given away. If there is one virtue I can claim honestly, it would have to be that I am not a very selfish knitter. Although selfish knitting is considered a virtue, isn't it? Hmmm.

Right. Pressing on. I do have one FO that I have kept for myself and actually worn fairly frequently. It happens to be the project with the most hearts I've received on Ravelry. And the interesting thing is, it isn't knitted. It's my very first crochet project, my Luna Lovegood Scarf.

Here's what it looked like when I finished it, in September 2008:

lunascarfnew

...annnnnnnnnd here's what it looked like when I dug it out this morning (apologies for the craptastic photos, taken super-quickly):

lunascarftoday2

lunascarftoday

lunascarftodayclose

It could use a wash and a bit of a re-blocking, but it's held up rather well. I like it because it's light, which makes it wearable in Vancouver's rather temperate climate. And it's purple, which, it goes without saying, is always good.

Here's my original post on the scarf. I was rather pleased with myself, and to be honest, if not modest, I still am.

Now I just need to complete more projects -- and keep them for myself!






Be sure to check out the other entries for today’s topic!



4 comments:

  1. ooh, that's a very pretty scarf. I love the stitch pattern and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a pretty yarn and pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very pretty the yarn & the pattern I gotta learn to crochet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaargh! Why do you have to be a Ravenclaw! Now I can't use that for DADA. *pout*

    ReplyDelete