Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Piggy gets some (almost) free yarn!

What's that you say? Lace? Spring Leaves? I don't know what you're talking about.

I thought I'd share with you the results of my latest stash-enhancement expedition. Want to see what two bucks and changes got me on Saturday? Sure you do.

First up, something very Piggy:

Sweet Georgia Merino Silk Lace - Orchid

SweetGeorgia Merino Silk Lace in Orchid; 700 metres (765 yards) of utter gorgeousness for a future lace shawl. You know, because I'm doing so well with the lace.

The second skein I picked up...well, it might surprise you:

Spud & Chloe Fine - Bumble Bee

That's a skein of Bumble Bee Spud & Chloe Fine. It's even more yellow in person. Not terribly Piggy, I know, but I'm thinking I'll pair it with the skein of Anemone that's been stashed for ages for some kind of striped or patterned socks. I'll need to find a Swede, I think, to give them to...

So, how did I manage to spend less than three dollars on these lovelies? Well, I was the lucky winner of the random draw at the Edgemont Village location of Urban Yarns. The prize: a $50 gift certificate. Lucky Piggy.

Not so much with the lace, though...updates to follow soonish. Probably.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely yarns, I especially like the yellow one (even though I'm not a very "yellow" person either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead, cast on. It won't hurt. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I know a Swede if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free-ish yarn is my favorite! There's something twice as delightful about fiber that I didn't have to pay for! :)

    ReplyDelete