Monday, May 10, 2010

Old enemies and new friends

So, if you follow me on twitter, you might have noticed I didn't have the best weekend, knitting-wise. The Super-Secret-Birthday-Prezzie-Made-Of-Lace has undergone much frinking. (Remember frinking? That's Piggy's word for when one rips back a goodly chunk of knitting, but not quite enough to justify the F word.)

It was a case of one step forward, ten steps back, really. Thanks to my old nemesis, the yarn over. But I am persisting. And I'll be picking up some non-minty, unwaxed dental floss today for my next lifeline (there are currently two in the SSBPMOL, and they need friends). Thanks for the tip to MrsQuimby (delivered in person before I cast on...I didn't listen), Linda in Alameda, CA and Kim at Unwind.

In happier news, I've got a new roommate:

Molley

Or rather, she does. I've moved into Molley's house while her humans are on holiday.






4 comments:

  1. Love the new roommie! What a cutie pie. :)

    Bummer when you have one of those frinky/froggy projects... no doubt the end result will be worth all the trouble. Or, at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate YOs. There are not enough curse words to describe how odious they are. Take full advantage of Molly and dog-lovin' therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude.... I agree with Sara, at least you have furry company to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww such a cute doggy hopefully you won't have anymore mishaps with the secret project.

    ReplyDelete