Monday, May 3, 2010

Naughty Piggy is naughty

I suppose I should admit that I was slightly relieved on Saturday night when the Tell Piggy What to Knit! poll closed and Spring Leaves emerged -- by a mere pair of votes -- as the winning pattern. For while I truly love Nefertiti, the thought of deciphering and knitting 18 different charts for my first real significant lace project was more than a little daunting.

But that's not what the title of this post refers to. Piggy is naughty because she has yet to start knitting. I have everything ready to go:

Ready to Start

The pattern is printed up, the first of the two skeins of Wollmeise I'll be using is wound (and may I just say the Mistelzweig is a truly gorgeous colour -- the picture doesn't do it justice at all), and the lovely MrsQuimby has generously offered up her lifeline-friendly KnitPicks Harmony Interchangeables for a long-term loan.

But I haven't cast on. And it's not simply because I'm afraid of this big project. I certainly am afraid, of course -- it would be pointless to deny it -- but that's not the big problem at the moment. The problem is I have been hit with a bad case of startitis.

I cast on an entirely different project last night, piglets. And I can't stop knitting it. And making the situation even worse is the fact I can't show you or talk about said new project, as it's a secret birthday present for someone who has been known to drop by the blog on occasion.

Hopefully I'll have some Spring Leaves to show you tomorrow. But I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.

5 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous color yarn. Can't wait to see the secret once its been gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just LOOKING at that colour makes me happy that Spring Leaves won the vote! Oh my! I would even offer to buy a transit pass for myself, to meet you (almost) daily, start my own lace project, and be supportive through your time with this yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is perfect for Spring leaves. And may I take a moment to tell you in a non-creepy way that I love you? You validate me as a knitter... Pre-process, startitis goob that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that is an incredible colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!!! that is an amazing colour! want :D

    ReplyDelete