Saturday, May 1, 2010

And the winner is...

Cue the cheesy metaphors:

It was a nail-biter. Right from the start it was a pitched battle between two hot contenders that came right down to the wire. In the dying seconds, it was all decided by a final volley of votes.

In a field like this, they're all winners. But a winner there must be, and it has been chosen.

Piggy will be knitting Spring Leaves, by Katrin Vorbeck. Congratulations to Nicole (nkfoster21), who nominated this beauty. Nicole can choose between a skein of Wollmeise 100% in Sabrina, or Wollmeise 80/20 Twin in Pfefferminz Prinz.

The advocates for three of the remaining finalists, isisonearth (Nefertiti Wrap), Kristin (Moon Dance) and MrsQuimby (Cheshire Cat Stole) will each receive a skein of Malabrigo Lace in Vaa. Chelle, who nominated Twinings, will receive something animal-fibre-free from my stash, as she is allergic to wool, alpaca, etc.

I also have the names of the three winners of the random draw, each of whom will receive the Ravelry download pattern of their choice (to a maximum value of $7 each). Congratulations to...
  • Duncks
  • plumbum
  • P'cess
Winners, please e-mail yarnpiggy AT gmail DOT com or pm me on Ravelry (Rav id: yarnpiggy) with your snail mail addresses and/or choices, and I'll get things out by the middle of next week.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted pattern suggestions and voted. I hope you'll stick around for the continuing drama as I attempt to complete my first big lace project. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I bet you're relieved it wasn't Nefertiti. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! Spring leaves wins! I'm so happy. :) Phew on the Nefertiti 18 charts, no? Snort

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I couldn't make it until 9pm last night (midnight my time) so I am just finding out this morning.

    *Clears throat, pulls out note card* First, I would like to thank Bob and Ravelry, because without them, where would we be? And then all the voters who made such a brilliant choice! And of course, Katrin Vorbeck for the amazing pattern. And last but not least, my dear yarnpiggy, whose blog always entertains and inspires. *Recipient gets pulled off stage...*

    Really, thanks though! This will be my first Wollmeise, ever! I am very excited. Now the question is... what should *I* make? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Piggy for the most amusing blog contest evah. Of course I'll stick around for future developments-- wouldn't miss it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! I'm SO excited to have won... I've been DYING to have the French Press Felted Slipper pattern.. I'm going to be a slipper knitting maniac! And, I was wrong, they're only $7! yipee and thank you! I expect good things out of your shawl and the beautiful green you're making it out of!

    ReplyDelete