Friday, April 23, 2010

Dear Canada Customs:

While I wish it weren't so, I can accept that you have a right to delay the delivery of goods sent to me from a foreign country. I can also accept your right to charge me duty on said goods.

WM Customs

However, I do take exception to charging me a $5 handling fee -- in addition to the $3.75 duty and the $2.53 in tax -- when you can't be bothered to open the package.

WM Customs 2

Especially when you don't even get the classification of the contents correct.

WM Customs 3

I can assure you, Wollmeise Lace contains absolutely no cotton, and to brand it with the name acrylic is a crime that simply cannot go unremarked by Piggy.

WMDunkleKirscheWDLacetag

I mean, really. Talk about adding insult to injury.

WMDunkleKirscheWDLace

Although I suppose I should be grateful that you didn't put your grubby mitts all over my precious, precious Wollmeise.

Sincerely,
yarnpiggy

3 comments:

  1. Calling Wollmeise is a travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! This is the 'surprise' coloured one, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!! I don't know how many of those packages I have gotten in the mail demanding money!! I think this post is well deserved. Go YarnPiggy!!!

    Love,
    Alyria

    ReplyDelete