Sunday, March 21, 2010

Piggy has mail!

I love it when I open my post office box to find wee parcels and those cards you take to the counter and exchange for even bigger ones that couldn't be squished into the confines of the box. I rarely wait to get home before ripping them open right there in 7-Eleven. And when the contents are this nice, I'll often treat myself to a Slurpee to celebrate. Especially when, like yesterday, my favourite flavour is on offer: Lime Crush. NOM!

Wanna see what I scored this time 'round? Of course you do!

First up: my Team Canada Ravelympics 2010 prize:

Ravelympics 2010 prize

A handmade set of stitchmarkers and a row-counter bracelet, donated by the lovely spinquilt. Thanks, Karen!

Playing for Team Canada was great; our members donated a ton o'prizes for a random draw of all Team Canada project finishers (one of my donations, a skein of Ravelry Red Malabrigo Silky Merino, is winding its way to canstash in Timmins as I type). But no-one went home empty-handed, because the fabulous Christa Giles, Vancouver designer extraordinaire, donated Ravelry downloads of her designs to every finisher who wasn't drawn. Is that cool, or what?

And the second package: a beautiful, shimmery, squishy spinning batt from Kate at Knit It Up!

knititupbatt

That's 3.3 ounces of merino, alpaca, llama, angelica and firestar. Purdy, ain't it?

Here's a close-up:

knititupbattclose

Many spinners warn beginners against "saving" the good stuff for when you become a better spinner. Which is all well and good, but Piggy can't even manage to get the batt back in its bag without disaster:

knititupbattbag

This stuff is definitely worth saving for a good while, I reckon.

Check out the etsy listing for the full story on this lovely bit of gorgeousness, and to shop for all sorts of lovely items Kate has in her etsy shop. I especially love her gift tags -- beautifully functional.

So...have you received anything great in the mail lately?

2 comments:

  1. You know, I manage to avoid wanting to spin quite well...until people like you post photos like that on your blog! Pretty, pretty stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete