Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MISSING: Piggy's sanity

And not just because I'm hoping anybody is still out there after all this time. More problematic: the rather spectacular nose-dive I took from the yarn diet wagon on Saturday afternoon.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Well, Piggy, this is hardly earth-shattering news; you should have seen it coming. It's not like you've ever managed to stick to a yarn diet for more than a week or two."

No argument here.

You're thinking, "Wait a sec. Piggy knows herself pretty well. It's not just any stash-enhancement that would make her doubt her sanity. This must be serious."

And there's the rub, piglets. This was not a standard-issue Piggy binge. In fact, my purchase consisted of just two skeins. The problem this time isn't the amount of yarn, but the yarn itself.

Piggy's gone crazy


Dear FSM, help me!


Noro Whoro-dom is becoming a distinct possibility


What has happened to me, piglets? I think I need a hug. Or maybe some electro-shock therapy.

Is Noro Whoro-dom my fate? Say it isn't so!

10 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha! You have finally fallen for the Noro! Actually, though I have on many occasions pet it, I have yet to physically own a skein. And...I'm not sure I like that considering the beauty that is to be had in a single skein of it. And the Silk Garden? Soft isn't it? How could you resist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I should probably finally knit up my skein of Noro so I can understand your ambivalence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noro! Noro? Noro? Really? How very bizarre. Are you sick? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently fallen prey to noro, too.... oh my. Maybe there's a bug going around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the coven. Don't worry, we have cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours are pretty... but is it soft?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Piggy, we all sucumb to various fibers at some point, even with the best of intentions. Let's face it, Noro has wonderful color combinations and we are always forgiven when we fall for gorgeous colors.(I'm sure it says this somewhere in the stash enhancement standards small print.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You clearly have a virus -- a very nasty one. You should immediately take your drink of choice, a nice snack, a cozy quilt and some Malabrigo knitting, and get into bed. Do not exert yourself -- you don't want this virus to spread to others, or to take root in your body for the long term. Please, be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps this is just part of your ongoing quest to fully understand and embrace all types of yarn while you further your knitting knowledge. Think of it as research, necessary research. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the "I like scratchy wool" club! :-) (Yes, I really like my wool scratchy)

    ReplyDelete