Monday, January 4, 2010

Sometimes, life really stinks

I was planning a light-hearted post today. I was going to apologize for not blogging since Christmas Day, and tell you about all the refusal-of-handknit-Malabrigo-present drama. Then I was going to launch into some some fun self-deprecation about all the New Year's resolutions I broke before the end of New Year's Day.

But I can't write about such things today. I'm not feeling at all light-hearted. I'm afraid I can't tell you why, except to say that although I feel awful -- sad, angry and helpless -- I am ok. The real pain is felt by others.

13 comments:

  1. and me too. i'm in my own dark place, but i can send out hugs and wishes for you and your others. i hope there is light before too very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming out of lurk-dom to wish you much happiness before the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are ok!! thibnking of you my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I hope things turn around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor piggy and friends. Big hugs for you all, from one of those people that live in your computer. (but that doesn't make the sentiments less real)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs and some smacks for those awful people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a nice, very generous Christmas present get figuratively tossed back in my face, along with a lot of unprintable names texted to me. It colored my whole Christmas, and it means that a significant relationship is probably irrecoverable. I'm only telling you this to let you know that these incidents are more about the recipients than about the givers, and as much as you're hurting, their lives are so much worse because they can't let you in. Hang in there and focus on the people who care about you and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hate it when someone I care about is hurting and I can't DO anything! I am terrible about writing what I feel and hope to them, which would at least show I care. I want to move mountains to ease their pain. I hate helpless. I hope you have the ability to let your loved ones know you care by something, food, more Malabringo, or even honest words on a tear stained page.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of hugs - I'm pullin' for you and yours....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's another big hug for you from lurk-dom land. Hope everything is better.

    ReplyDelete