Saturday, December 5, 2009

When will I ever learn?

Right now it's 2:45 in the morning, and Piggy really should be in bed. Well, actually I am; but I'm wide awake and typing this post, when I should be getting some much-needed beauty sleep (hibernation's more like it, in my case) in preparation for tomorrow's "Festivus Miracle" gift swap dinner (read, night of debauchery with 17 of the Terminal City Yarn Wranglers' finest).

My secret spoilee's knitted prezzie is not finished. I have run out of yarn. I am kicking myself for procrastinating on this for so long.

So tomorrow morning, I'll be off to Three Bags Full to buy a third skein of yarn. I won't need very much of it, and I'll be able to finish it on time (providing I manage not to sleep through my alarm!), so it's hardly the end of the world. But I'm pretty angry with myself.

The really frustrating thing: even with my epic procrastination, I could have easily avoided this whole problem by choosing the pattern's Option 1. I even told myself this earlier tonight. "You should stop here, it will totally work, and I don't think there's enough yarn for Option 2."

But I kept going, uncharacteristically optimistic there was enough yarn.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. It was beauuuuutiful and I love it so much! I can totally see me wearing this EVERY DAY until warmer weather - ESPECIALLY since they match a pair of *gasp* Noro Silk Garden fingerless gloves that Nadia made me for my birthday last year.

    I took a few pics today, too, so I'll upload those tonight for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete