Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Piggy Strikes it Rich

No, not in the massive-lottery-win/marriage-proposal-from-octogenarian-billionaire-with-dodgy-ticker-but-no-dependents/call-from-lawyer-of-a-hitherto-unknown-but-grotesquely-wealthy-distant-relative-relating-news-of-massive-bequest-in-will sense. But almost as good.

Piggy was spoiled at the Terminal City Yarn Wranglers' "Festivus Miracle Swap" dinner last weekend. In both the material sense and the less tangible but more important holiday spirit sense.

Eighteen of us gathered at Steamworks to eat, drink and be merry (and then drink some more). We attracted a fair amount of attention, particularly after dinner, when the knitting came out.

MrsQuimby-beentsy
MrsQuimby and beentsy get down to business.

plae-monnibo-MrsQuimby
Plae looks happy, but I think monnibo and MrsQ might not have eaten enough dinner.

There was lots more fun going on along the looooong table, but Piggy was rooted to her seat, and didn't get any half-way decent shots. :o(

I did, however, manage to snap a passable shot of my take of the swap's spoils the next day.

Piggy's been spoiled by nellum

I was thoroughly spoiled by nellum! A gorgeous cowl in heavenly soft Malabrigo Sock (Velvet Grapes colourway); a super-cute notebook with kawaii piggies on the cover; a nommable bar of dark chocolate with chili; and some gorgeous Sweet Libertine mineral eyeshadow, in a lovely shade to match the cowl:

sultry.h

All the purple (one of Piggy's favourite colours) was especially thoughtful, since it is the one colour nellum LOATHES.

As for my spoilee...well, I managed to get my knitted item done and wrapped in time for the party. I made a krtek scarf/neckwarmer, in Malabrigo Chunky. Unfortunately, I completed it with really no time to spare, so I wasn't able to take any pictures. But my spoilee, the fabulous wenchlette, came to the rescue a let me use this one of hers:

wenchie'scowl

I want one myself, now.

It was a really fun night. I hope we do it again next year.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe the krtek is the perfect pattern for (some of) my new Dressew stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your photos Piggy - they are great. I had a great time too and was spoiled terribly by Bumblebeebaby (thanks again!)
    It was first swap and it was terrific. I hope we do it again next year too.

    ReplyDelete