Monday, December 14, 2009

Piggy Needs a Little Christmas*

Because I'm rather Grinchy this morning. Yes, it's afternoon to most everyone else in Vancouver, but to me it's morning.

I stayed up all night stalking the Wollmeise shop for updates. Grab bag updates, to be precise. Did I listen to the sage advice from veteran WM stalkers, who told me these updates usually occur late afternoon, German time? No.

What did I do instead? Well, I stayed up, determined to be victorious when the shop was updated a little earlier. Until I fell asleep. About half an hour (judging from my forensic study of the Wollmeiseholics Anonymous group's update thread) before the yarny goodness hit the shelves, I fell asleep.

In a rather awkward position, posture-wise.

So I woke up just a hair before noon, with a twisted neck and dangerously low blood caffeine levels. And no new Wollmeise. (Never mind the fact I need more yarn like I need another hole in my head.)

Plus: there's no snow on the ground. I was expecting snow. I was looking forward to it. Yes, it will be a pain, because Vancouverites, for the most part, are hopeless with dealing with snowfall if it isn't atop a ski hill. But darn it, I love snow at Christmastime.

And double-plus: I managed to get zero Christmas knitting done yesterday (but don't worry, yesterday's list was pure fantasy -- even Piggy isn't that insanely ambitious). Piggy needs to pull up her store-bought socks and get cracking.

And festive.

So, I leave you with a picture of the very wee (three feet, but actually shorter, since I have to bend the top branch in half to make it fit) Christmas tree I put up last week.

ChristmasTree

* Bonus points (and maybe a wee prize) for the first person to tell me where today's title comes from. The original performer. No googling!

4 comments:

  1. I get no bonus points, but I think your tree is very pretty. Sorry about the sore neck & no yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a little christmas... right this very minute... candles in the window... carols at the spinnet... yes I need a little christmas now.

    Dunno who sang it though! I'm not hearing it as Bing Crosby, but it seems like the right era. Hmmmm. I'll keep thinking.

    And your tree is lovely -- mine is still stuffed in a box, and at this point, it's going to stay that way, since I leave for Michigan in 9 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't google. It's from Mame.

    (OK, I didn't GOOGLE, but I yahoo-ed."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ Oh, but that isn't the actual answer, now, is it? (You big cheat!)

    ReplyDelete