I cast off and wove in the ends of the "I can't believe I'm knitting with Noro" scarf more than a week ago, but I didn't get around to giving it a good soak in lavender-scented Eucalan until Monday. So I didn't have any photos to post until today.
So here it is, piglets:
Pattern: The Noro Slip Stitch Stripe Scarf, by Renee (non-Ravelers, go here)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Chunky, two skeins each of colourways 3 and 11
Needles: 6.5 mm/US 10 1/2 Crystal Palace Daisy circulars, 40 cm/16 in
Modifications: The pattern calls for Noro Matsuri, a DK weight yarn, knit on 4 mm/US 6 needles; as I was using a chunky yarn, I reduced the number of stitches cast on to 24 on larger needles.
Overall, I'm quite happy with the results. I have nothing negative to say about the pattern; it's very simple and repetitive, yet I found it far less tedious to knit than the "original" Noro Whoro/K1P1 Virus scarf. I would definitely use it again with a softer yarn that offered Noro-like long colour repeats.
As for the Noro...Well, I'll be honest: the experience wasn't quite as awful as I'd expected it would be. I was pleasantly surprised to come across just two knots in the four balls I used (I couldn't be bothered to perform surgery on them, and just knitted the knots in; I defy anyone to find them). And while there was that one piece of "vegetable matter" that practically drew blood, there wasn't too much additional fibre in my fibre.
But -- you knew there had to be a but, and it's a big one -- while it was o.k. to knit with, I find the resulting fabric -- even after a long soak -- too itchy too wear against my neck.
So, the scarf is going to a new home, with the Queen of the Noro Whoros herself.
And now excuse me while I dive into my stash of Malabrigo.