Today I'm working on a neckwarmer for my second cousin (or first cousin once removed? I can never remember...anyway, she's my mum's first cousin). I'm hoping she'll get more wear out of it than she did last year's offering. Which is, to say, any use at all.
Just a few weeks ago my mother informed me my cousin had re-gifted the cowl (which, I feel it is important to mention, was made of Malabrigo) to someone I've never heard of. Apparently, my cousin has an unusually large noggin, over which the cowl would not pass. I don't think I will comment further, except to say that Piggy's head is not of the petite variety, and it offered scant resistance to said Malabrigo cowl.
So this year, I've decided to go with a button-up neckwarmer instead. Also in Malabrigo (Piggy likes to think of herself as the sort of person who gives people second chances).
It's the start of a Fourteen. Except it's really an Eighteen, as I cast on four extra stitches.
This is going to be a wonderfully soft, squishy little number, thanks to the combination of Malabrigo goodness and the brioche rib.
I've decided to go with the brk (a.k.a. bark) stitch method for brioche -- yfwd,
If you've never knit the brioche stitch, let me give you a tip: it takes several rows for the pattern to show up properly. Don't be like Piggy and frog two or three rows over and over again. :o)