Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ten things I learned today

1. I am officially addicted to coffee. No morning coffee = a whole lot of misery chez Piggy. (Or anywhere Piggy is, really.)

2. No matter how simple the pattern, I'll need to cast on at least three times before it "sticks". Seriously -- any pattern.

3. If said pattern includes any number of yarn-overs, an extra cast-on or two is pretty much guaranteed.

4. My sister lives within 20 minutes of a Cadbury's chocolate factory store (real Cadbury's -- in England!). This is particularly significant because I learned this not from her, but from a thread on LSG. Clearly, my sister doesn't love me as much as she should.

5. And neither does my mother, who spent two weeks visiting my sister in September, and came back with No. Cadbury's. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

6. Some people just refuse to admit they are wrong, no matter how much experience/expertise/evidence/proof you offer them.

7. I need to learn how to deal with my reaction to #6.

8. Either you eat cheese, or you don't eat cheese. There is no such thing as tasty non-dairy "cheeze". As of tonight's dinner, this is official.

9. The Victorians wasted whisky (or maybe whiskey?) on their laundry.

10. I really need to remember to blog earlier in the day, particularly during NaBloPoMo.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the cheese statement. it's one of those things that you cannot recreate without dairy and some mold. Seriously.

    I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your animated ravelry button? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the topic of cheese, both the lowfat/nonfat "real" cheese and the non-dairy cheese doesn't melt, it just sweats!

    ReplyDelete