Sunday, November 29, 2009

Piggy's got an FO!

...and it's not made with Silk Garden Chunky. Today I took a break from the scratchy grip of the Noro and returned to the tender caress of my one and only true love. Malabrigo.

And not just any Malabrigo, but Malabrigo I had neglected for almost a year. We spent the better part of the day together, and now I have a finished object.

fingerless mitts

Fingerless mitts, as modelled by Piggy's mum. (Sorry for yet another craptastic photo. It's dark outside, and we were under fluorescent lights.)

These very simple things took just 11 months to complete; I cast on and completed the right-hand one in the last week of December 2008. I cast on the left-hand one last week, knit about 20 rounds or so, then cast it aside for the Noro scarf.

But I just couldn't face the scarf this morning, so back to the Mmmmmmal it was. And now that they're finally finished, I'm quite happy with the mitts.

Project Details:

Pattern: Moms Cabled Mitt's (sic), by Jessica Jensen
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, in Oceanus
Needles: 3.75 mm/US 5 dpns
Modifications: None
Notes: Looks like my gauge has changed over the course of the year: the left-hand mitt is a smidge more snug than the right one knit last year. Also, I've become a bit tidier when picking up stitches; on the first go-round, there are a couple of gaps around the thumb, this time, I picked up a couple of extra ones.

1 comment: