Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Piggy falls down at the LYS

Not literally, of course. I'm hardly a graceful, delicate thing, but I do usually manage to stay upright at the yarn store. Makes it easier to reach all the goodies.

But the diet went by the wayside -- yet again -- on Sunday during the regular trek up to Three Bags Full.

As usual, I went in with the best intentions. I was going to buy just one skein of something I can't describe just yet, because it's for my not-yet-started prezzie for the Wranglers' Festivus Miracle Swap. Which is taking place on December 5th. And yes, it is November 24th today. Ummm, yeah; I don't want to talk about it.

Anyhoo, my secret spoilee might possibly visit ye olde blogge, so you'll just have to wait a bit longer. All will be revealed after the night of drunken debauchery swap dinner.

Ok, just one hint: my spoilee isn't getting something knit from Noro.

But of course I didn't stop at that single skein. Instead, after rashly -- and irrationally -- deciding I should be able to have a treat of yarny goodness too, taking my recent windfall into careful consideration, I made my way to the sock yarn corner.

There's lots of good stuff there: Socks That Rock, Koigu, Malabrigo, Dream in Color Smooshy...but I didn't make it past the first section, which holds all the lovelies from local star SweetGeorgia Yarns.

Where this lonely little number beseeched me to take it home.

Tough Love Sock in Honey Fig

This is a skein of Tough Love Sock, in the Honey Fig colourway (which doesn't appear to be available on the site; but SweetGeorgia does custom dyeing, and ships, so you, too can have your very own skein).

I am, as they say, smitten. Big-time. I can't stop taking its picture.

Tough Love Sock in Honey Fig

Seriously, I might have to give it a pet name. Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, so lovely. It reminds me of spring pansies or violets. Nom, nom, nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tottttallly Pansies!! Good call beentsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Xmas Present for Leone' That has a nice ring to it. Just rolls of the tounge you know?

    Seriously that yarn is boooootiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous. I hope they still have some for me :)

    ReplyDelete