- If Piggy ruled the world, there would be no Christmas advertising or public decoration permitted until after Remembrance Day. At the earliest. Personally, I'd prefer December 1. Or maybe anytime after 8 p.m. on November 30, so you could be ready to go first thing December 1.
- I mean, I love Christmas (despite being a non-believer -- I know, I know, but let's face it: the Christians co-opted Saturnalia, and besides, Jesus wasn't even born in December), including all the schmaltz. Heck, especially the schmaltz. But when you start in October, it's kind of hard for the holiday itself to feel special.
- My strong feelings on this issue did not prevent me from ordering -- and thoroughly enjoying, thank you very much -- my first Gingerbread Steamed Soy Milk at my knitting meet-up last night. Piggy is a hypocrite.
- I am still wearing capri pants and no socks. It's cold, rainy and dark at 4:30 p.m. these days, but I refuse to accept it is no longer summer.
- Yesterday my yarny nellum's mum & boyfriend stopped by knit night to deliver me homemade perogies. Nell's in the hospital after having hip surgery, and I brought a bunch of Bollywood DVDs in exchange ('cause there's nothing like watching a Bollywood movie while on morphine).
- I'm pretty sure there were enough for at least two servings, but I ate them all in one go last night when I got home. Nom, nom, nom.
- I really hope I have something better for you tomorrow.
Friday, November 6, 2009
A Friday Free-For-All
I have no plan. So I'm going with a bulleted list. In doing so I'm unabashedly ripping off Sheepish Annie's Wednesday Night Bullet Posts. The difference, besides the chosen day, is that Sheepie's excellent missives feature deceptively well-structured story arcs. Piggy's Friday Free-For-All, well, doesn't.