Sunday, November 8, 2009

Finally, an FO!

It's been a while, eh? And this is a rather strange-looking one.

Both Sides

I told you so. But that's not the way you'd normally see this FO. Nope. Normally, it looks like this:

3-4 year

Or this:

3-4 year brim

Unless, of course, you see it like this:

1-2 year

Or maybe this:

1-2 year brim

One hat, four ways to wear it. Unless you are Piggy. I can't wear it at all, because it doesn't fit. Ooops.

I knit this -- in Ravenclaw colours -- for my Arithmancy class in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup. October's Arithmancy class. Ooops.

The pattern calls for fingering-weight yarn. I had a bunch of Elann Superwash Chunky (really more of a worsted) left from my Ravenclaw House Scarf, so figured casting on for the child size, using bigger needles, would yield a Piggy-sized hat.

And it would have. Unfortunately, I misread the pattern and cast on for the infant size.

C'est la guerre.

Project Details:

Pattern: Reversible Cap, by Debbi Young for Elann
Yarn: elann.com Superwash Chunky in Moonlight Blue and Nutmeg; about 1 skein of each
Needles: 4mm/US 6 Addi Turbo 40cm/16 in circular
Modifications: Bigger yarn, bigger needles, big mistake in number of stitches cast on.

1 comment: