Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brace yourselves...

...no, seriously: make sure you're sitting down comfortably. Because I have actual knitting content for you today.

My MalTravelers scarf (RS)

It's modest, to be sure, but it is honest-to-goodness knitted fabric, produced by none other than Piggy. And given my rather atrocious luck lately, this wee bit of Waving Rib stitch might as well be a Piggy-sized (i.e. large) cabled sweater.

Let's stretch out the joy a bit longer. Here's the wrong (although quite nice, really) side:

My MalTravelers scarf (WS)

Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice. The yarn, anyway. It's Malabrigo Worsted in Christmas Green. Soft and scrumptious.

These six inches of knitting are now on their way to Minneapolis, where the lovely Duncks will be adding another six inches -- in a colourway and stitch pattern of her choosing (well, within a few guidelines I provided). Then she'll send it on to another Malabrigo Junkie, who'll pass it on to another...and so it will continue until there are 12 different sections, when it will be returned to me -- a one-of-a-kind Malabrigo Travelers scarf.

I can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's done.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pattern! It's beginning to look like Christmas ...at least with your knitting. I am soooo far behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the texture you created. How lovely~
    Also, I adore colors you choose. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely stuff!!! And I like the back of it, myself - very interesting stuff, knitting. ;D I *do* hope you'll share the inevitably awesome end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. I like the wrong side better!

    ReplyDelete