Saturday, October 31, 2009

Catching up

...but first, a very big thank you to everyone who left encouraging comments after my last post, and for those who e-mailed me their best wishes. Piggy feels all warm and fuzzy inside.

So. What -- besides angst -- has been going on chez Piggy lately? Not a huge amount of knitting, to be sure. There's been some, but I'll report on that later. Instead, how about we start with recent additions to Piggy's stash?

I know, I know. I'm on a strict yarn diet. But really, I haven't indulged in too much retail therapy.

First up: a lovely gift (doesn't count!) from my fellow Terminal City Yarn Wrangler, nellum, as a thank you for driving her to and from Ikea. Piggy lurves Ikea, so this was hardly a chore that required payment. But I'm not going to say no to free yarn; I might be crazy, but I'm not that crazy!

fromnellum

Handspun and hand-dyed -- in purple, which nellum detests. Isn't that sweet? I'm thinking a hat for Piggy with this.

Next, more yarn I did not purchase! I received some delicious Spud & Chloe yarns from my lovely swap partner Misha in the Blue Sky Alpacas swap on Ravelry.

Popsicle Sweater

Popsicle (love the name!) Sweater (worsted weight).

Anemone Fine

And Anemone Fine (fingering weight).

Both of these are lovely and soft; and easy-care. No plans for either yet.

Now, to the stuff I spent money on. But really, it was too good a deal to pass up...

EstateWoolandAlpaca

That there is 439 grams (15.5 oz) of alpaca and 710 grams (25 oz) of wool. Total cost: $15, from an estate sale nellum and I took in a couple of weeks ago. I do have some plans for this, but not knitting ones. At least not yet.

I've recently become rather obsessed with natural dyeing. This after my September Herbology homework for the Harry Potter House Cup (don't ask me about October homework...I've been a real slacker this month), for which I dyed hemp with turmeric and was rewarded with this lovely thing:

finished skein


I've actually got two of those hanks of wool in the dye pot now...if you're on twitter you'll have seen some of the updates. I'll post them here soon.

Yes, honestly. Soon.

In a fit of crazy optimism (or maybe some peer pressure from a certain someone), Piggy has signed up for nablopomo again this year.

You've been warned.

Happy Hallowe'en, everyone! See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Gorgeous stuff. I can't wait to see what you do with that lovely pile from the estate sale!

    I've been thinking after you - I know you don't know me from boo, but I drop in a lot, and I know where you're at, if ya know what I mean. Glad to see see a lovely new post - with eye candy, no less! ^_^ (I especially love the skein you yourself dyed - very nice!)

    Have a fantastic day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you I love going to IKEA I could go broke in that store. Anything with the name Popsicle has got to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that yellow! Wow- that will bring a lot of colour in the grey winter days to come :-)

    ReplyDelete