Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yet another finished object

I know what you're thinking. When is the madness going to stop? Piggy isn't supposed to actually produce anything. I understand, and sympathize. It's been hectic chez Piggy lately, hasn't it?

And this particular FO is...well, to say it is a little different would be a bit of an understatement, methinks. I won't blame you for being overwhelmed, in fact.

closed

"Hmmmm...it's kind of...well, shiny, isn't it, Piggy? And, ummmm, stiff..."

Indeed it is, piggies. That's what you get when you knit with curling ribbon, you see.

"Curling Ribbon? Like for gift wrapping? You can't be serious!"

more progress

I'm so not joking.

"Ah. Hmmmmm. Ummmmm...wow."

Oh, yes. It's really something, isn't it? And let me anticipate your next questions: I did it for the Harry Potter House Cup on Ravelry. For Transfiguration class, specifically. The assignment: to create something using non-yarn "yarn". And no, I didn't go out and buy the ribbon; it's been languishing in my wrapping supplies basket for ages.

My original plan was to whip off a quick coaster. I'm not sure what happened, but I ended up with something that (hopefully) resembles a clutch handbag. It does hold stuff...

full

...but somehow, I doubt it will get much use. It is far too special.

Project Details:

Pattern: Improvised bag
Yarn: Curling ribbon...about half a big whacking spool
Needles: 5.5 mm/US 9 Susan Bates aluminum straights; 6.5 mm/US 10.5 40 cm/16 in Crystal Palace Daisy circulars

I'm sure you're all desperate for one, but I'm afraid Piggy must disappoint you; this is definitely a one-of-a-kind item.

5 comments:

  1. I love it and it is in my favorite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally crazy, but VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute! Hopefully you won't start buying a bunch of ribbon now to reside with your yarn:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that button from somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete