Friday, June 5, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

(No, it's not another finished object...)

slurpee_hockey

Hint: Piggy doesn't drink Slurpees unless it is stinking hot outside.

Don't get me wrong; I am enjoying the playoffs. But it just doesn't seem right to be watching hockey when it's 32 degrees (that's 90F) and something as simple as doing some light housework can result in a sweat. In a basement suite. I can only imagine what it's like for people living at higher elevations.

Actually, it's just never right for it to be 32 degrees in Vancouver. Fortunately, the forecast is calling for much cooler -- yet still nicely warm -- temperatures, starting today.

In other good news: new yarn in the house!

First up: two bags of the now-discontinued Sonata Print from Elann:

sonata

I have several ideas what to do with these; I'm sure I'll go through several more before choosing one. Stay tuned. (You might want to grab a snack. And a pillow.)

And...

summertweedvsh

Six skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed -- at 50% off. Score! I'm thinking Liesl for this, instead of the Tweedy Silk I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I dunno...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...that purple yarn looks delicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure our weather orders got mixed up. You ordered cold, rainy, and thunderstorms, right? We're supposed to be having 90 degree days and lots of sun. If you could send that back to us, that'd be great.

    ReplyDelete