Thursday, June 4, 2009

This is getting ridiculous (another FO)

Something must be in the water these days. Piggy has yet another FO. (That's four in a row, for those keeping score.) A two-piece one, even.

cosies

Now, I'll be honest. Piggy enjoys a nice cup of tea relatively rarely. So what would prompt me to knit a tea cosy? The colours involved provide a big hint.

This Ravenclaw-inspired blue and bronze set was knitted for June's Divination assignment in the House Cup, which was to create something having to do with tea (Harry Potter fans will, I'm sure, remember the reading of tea leaves in Professor Trelawny's classroom).

Project Details:

Pattern: Mistake Rib Tea Cosy, by Frankie Brown
Yarn: Patons Soy Wool Solids in blue for the teapot, Elann.com's Peruvian Highland Wool in Golden Bark for the mug
Needles: 4.5 mm/US 7 Red Heart aluminum straights
Modifications: None for the teapot. I made an impromptu mug cosy using the mistake rib stitch pattern.

I might just put kettle on now for a nice cuppa...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm not usually a fan of teapot cozies, but I just adore your's! That color is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tea kettle just like that, I think I need to make that tea cozy!!
    Looks nice~

    ReplyDelete