Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sometimes I wonder why I bother

As Queen of the Pre-Process Knitters, I have accepted -- some might go so far as to say embraced -- the low output of Finished Objects chez Piggy. But occasionally, I come across a knitter who makes me question my chosen knitting path.

Someone like Jean Westbrook in Macclesfield, England, who produced a cardigan that fits her entire family -- all at once -- in just three weeks.

Photobucket

That's a five-foot by five-foot cardigan, piggies. By comparison, Piggy's knit 26 inches of Weasley Jumper in about the same amount of time. (No new picture of the jumper...really, why bother?)

Oh, and while Jean has been working and going to school, Piggy's been...well, not.

Read the story here.

3 comments:

  1. That woman just has way too much time on her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Busy lady! All of a sudden I feel so...inadequate. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a big big sweater. And oh my can that woman knit fast or what??

    ReplyDelete