Saturday, June 27, 2009

Piggy's sick...

...and she's taking it like a man. Which is to say, I'm lying prostrate -- alternating between my bed and the couch 10 feet away -- whimpering and wallowing in my misery in between sips of Neo-Citran.

To no effect, really, as I am alone chez Piggy, and no one I've contacted via phone, email or Twitter has taken the hint and brought me ice cream. (Yes, I'm still eating ice cream. I know. I'm awful.)

Summer colds are the worst. Any home remedies you'd care to share, piggies? Beentsy suggested garlic and ginger; The only ginger I've got is candied, but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm more than willing to mix medicines, however, so please do send me your suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry you feel so bad. Try some tea and honey. Not as good as ice cream, but it will do I guess. Although......... Hagandaaz (sp?) makes a really good honey ice cream. You know what, forget hints. I think you should just put your foot down and insist that someone get you ice cream now! I would, of course, but alas, I'm in another time zone. And, I'd probably eat it all before I got there! It's really good :) Sleep, drink fluids, and feel better soon. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my theories to combat a cold:

    Consumption of ALL DAIRY ... yes, that includes the ice cream and the cream/milk in your hot beverage ... must stop. It only adds to the mucus buildup which makes you feel more stuffy ... etc.

    Make a soup broth out of ginger, garlic, & green onions - add salt to taste ... drink hot as often around your meals as possible.

    Loads of water. Loads of sleep (minimizes the groaning-feeling-grumpy etc).

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete