Saturday, June 13, 2009

Piggy's going to the beach

As in, I'm going to spend the day -- quite possibly the whole day -- at the beach.

This might not seem particularly noteworthy -- certainly not so much so that it requires an explanation worthy of a world-class state-the-obvious contest -- but it has been quite a while since Piggy last spent a day at the beach.

I'm pretty sure it was in the days before ATMs, cell phones and the Internet, in fact.

Now, I've walked along a beach as an adult -- in the current millennium, even -- and even sat down on a towel in the sand for the occasional pleasant half-hour of gazing at the surrounding view. But not a Whole. Day. At. The. Beach.

I don't swim. I don't enjoy roasting myself in the sun. I haven't owned a bathing suit since I hit puberty.

But today, I'm not only going to the beach, and I have to say, I'm excited about it.

What's so special about today? Well, chances are, if you're reading this, you already know. But just in case: today is World Wide Knitting in Public Day.

Piggy will be freaking out the muggles with a whole whack of other Vancouver-area knitters and crocheters at Kits Beach, from 10 a.m. on. If you're in town, come join the fun. Or find a WWKIPD event in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had fun! I'm rather anti-beach, so even knitting wouldn't be enough to lure me out... But I'm sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete