Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

...and Piggy's plenty happy about it! (I did try -- for a minute or two -- to come up with something that rhymed, but all I could come up with was today's post is boring!, which I found a tad pessimistic, even for me.

Today we've had the first real rain in ages -- more than a month. By real, I mean true Vancouver-style rain, the kind the city is famous for: the kind that falls all day long, with only a few short intermissions. It's lovely and cool, and I have been longing for it.

Don't misunderstand me: I do enjoy sunshine and warm temperatures. (Warm, mind, not sweltering.) But a month without rain just isn't right here on the Wet West Coast. It's confusing, even disheartening...I was almost homesick for it.

That said...I'd prefer it not stick around for more than a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I need some rain for my garden on the balcony. I can't get out without being attacked by nesting herring gulls, so I try to limit watering the plants as much as possible and love rain right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete