Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FO: Ravenclaw House Scarf

Or, as it has not-so-affectionately become known to me, the K1P1 Virus Scarf.

Mind you, now that it is finally finished (and just under the wire, too: less than five minutes before Sunday night's 11:59 deadline), I seem to have put the agony of its creation behind me.

Check out my baby:

finished

It's not perfect -- ideally, I'd like a few more repeats (mine is in-between sizes, see below) for a super-long scarf. And although I'm not usually keen on fringe, I might decide to add some later. But it's done.

A gratuitous close-up shot:

finished_hor


Project Details:

Pattern: House Scarves - Year 3/4 Scarf, by Lauren Kent (from Charmed Knits.
Yarn: Elann.com Superwash Chunky (discontinued); 5.5 skeins Moonlight Blue and 1 skein plus a few yards of Nutmeg
Needles: 4 mm/US 6 Addi Turbo 40 cm/16 in circular
Modifications: I cast on 57 stitches for the small size, and knit 16 repeats -- two more than the small, three less than the large. I did not include the fringe, but I'm thinking about doing so.

I might not be singing the blues anymore, but I'm in no hurry to knit another, either.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see it done. What's next for the Piggy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf! I'm sure you're thrilled to have completed it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love last minute finishes! ;) You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, awesome! I'd looooove to knit a Harry Potter scarf, but which house would I knit? How on earth would I ever finish?

    So, congrats - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! The scarf turned out LOVELY!!! I know it was a pain, but what a beautiful creation! Makes the effort worth it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What yarns did you use for the project? Your brown/bronze is perfect for the Ravenclaw blue/bronze colour combo imo. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete