Monday, June 1, 2009

FO: Fibonacci Felted Bag

Yes, indeedy. Two finished objects in a row.

I finally finished the Fibonacci Felted Bag on Saturday. This was a very quick knit; the longest part of the project was waiting for the felted bag to dry, which took a few days.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out, although I'd prefer a larger bag. The i-cord handles are, I think, too long for the size of the bag itself, which is about nine inches across the top, and about five and a half inches high.

Here it is with the handles knotted close to their ends, so that pretty much the full length of them (about 23 inches after felting) are used:

Fibonacci Felted Bag

Here is the small-handled version, where I knotted the i-cord handles quite a few inches along their lengths.

Fibonacci Felted Bag

And here it is relatively filled up, to give you a better idea of how small it is:

Fibonacci Felted Bag

That would be a small wallet, my cell phone, a smallish tube of hand cream, and my keys (while I love Ms. Piggy, Grover will always be my favourite Muppet. He kicks Elmo's butt).

Project Details:

Pattern: Fibonacci Felted Bag, by Brynne Sutton (non-Ravelry link)
Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Eskimo, colours 20 and 36; about 1.8 skeins of each
Needles: 6 mm/US 10 Hiya Hiya 60 cm/24 in circular
Modifications: None

3 comments:

  1. Am gonna steal your grover key chain when you ain't lookin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it may be small, but the colors make it pack a punch. Very cute, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's too small for you, you can send it my way! :)

    ReplyDelete