Monday, June 8, 2009

Film at 11

Hopefully, anyway.

I'm having some photo/computer issues. I was hoping to have them sorted out last night, but, as is the case with many things we wish for, it didn't happen. With luck, the situation will be resolved in time for tomorrow.

Sometimes, posts really don't require images; unfortunately, a re-cap of the Wrangler's Deck Party Feast/Yarn Sale & Swap isn't one of those posts. And neither is the epic saga I had planned for today. So you'll just need to be patient. :oP

While we wait, how about dragging out an old meme? Yarnmeme, started by Feather and Fan last April:

Out of the top 50 yarns on Ravelry (by number of projects, as of June 8, 2009):

Bold the ones you’ve used and would use again,
Cross out the ones you’ve used and would not use again,
and italicize the ones you’ve never tried, but would like to.
Add comments as desired, and then pass the meme along to 5 knitters/crocheters.
Link back to this post and to the person who tagged you.

Here we go:

1. Cascade 220 Wool -- What can I say about this? The go-to worsted-weight wool.
2. Patons Classic Wool Merino -- Decent sub. for Cascade 220. Colour selection far inferior, however.
3. Malabrigo Merino Worsted -- My favourite yarn. Wonderfully soft, and gorgeous colourways.
4. Red Heart Super Saver Solids -- I'm a YS (yarn snob). I have limited experience with acrylics. Before you yell at me, I know there are very good reasons to use them, and I do have some in the stash. But I have my "favourites", and don't exactly search out new ones.
5. Lily Sugar'n Cream Solid
6. Caron Simply Soft
7. Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids & Heathers -- Nobody here, as far as I can tell, carries this.
8. Noro Kureyon -- Ok, ok, I'd consider using this again. But only for felting.
9. Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted -- I've never seen this in person.
10. Noro Silk Garden -- I pains me to admit it, but this stuff isn't so bad. I'm hardly in a rush to use it again, but I can't honestly say never.
11. Lion Brand Cotton-Ease
12. Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid -- A decent, not-to-squeaky acrylic. It has its uses.
13. Knit Picks Wool of the Andes -- I've never tried any Knit Picks yarn. I'm not lusting after them, but I'd be perfectly willing to try them. But as you know, I'm an Elann fan.
14. Lily Sugar'n Cream Ombres & Prints
15. Lion Brand Homespun -- Hands down, the most unpleasant yarn I've ever knit with. That includes the curling ribbon.
16. Cascade 220 Heathers
17. Peaches & Creme Solids
18. Peaches & Creme Ombres
19. Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino -- I love the sproingy-ness of this. And the colourways are beautiful.
20. Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted
21. Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky -- Never seen this.
22. Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock - Lightweight -- Really, really want to try this.
23. Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick -- Useful for a super-quick hat or scarf prezzie.
24. Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica -- Beautiful colourways. Not as soft as my Mmmmmal, though.
25. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi
26. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
27. Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
28. Cascade 220 Superwash
29. Rowan Kidsilk Haze -- Despite the b*tch it is to tink/frink/frog.
30. Berroco Ultra Alpaca
31. Zitron Trekking (XXL) -- Never seen it.
32. Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) -- Decent, cost-effective alternative to Kureyon for felting projects.
33. Red Heart Super Saver Multis/Ombres
34. Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock - Mediumweight -- Really, really want to try this.
35. Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece -- Never seen it.
36. Lion Brand Lion Wool Solid
37. Colinette Jitterbug
38. Knit Picks Essential Solids & Twists
39. Knit Picks Swish Worsted
40. Knit Picks Palette
41. Dream in Color Smooshy -- Really, really want to try this.
42. Noro Kureyon Sock
43. Dream in Color Classy -- Really, really want to try this.
44. Knit Picks Shine Sport
45. Red Heart Soft Yarn Solids
46. South West Trading Company TOFUtsies -- I'm not wild about any of the colourways I've seen in this.
47. Berroco Comfort
48. Malabrigo Lace -- LURVE. It's Mmmmmal, what more do you need?
49. Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Baby Ull
50. Bernat Satin Solids -- The other acrylic I'd choose.

I was pretty easy going in my labelling. I don't necessarily love those I've bolded; similarly, I'm not exactly panting after all those I've italicized.

I'm tagging beentsy, MrsQuimby, Close to my Heart, ChrissytheGreat and knittingdragonflies -- plus anyone else who would like to tag themselves.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'd steal this meme but I am horrible at remembering which yarn I'm using. And even when I remember that I used a yarn, I often forget how I felt about it. It's more like, "I loved that black bambo stuff I knit that swaeter out of," or, "This sock yarn is to die for."
    But I'm working on it. Ravelry helps.
    So I'm very impressed with your list!

    ReplyDelete