Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And a good time was had by all

Sunday's Wrangler's meetup was a deck party held in damselfly's beautiful garden. It was a lovely afternoon; the weather co-operated, with warm (not scorching!) sunshine and a gentle breeze; a delicious feast of goodies contributed by everyone (including champagne!); good conversation peppered with plenty of laughter; and, of course, knitting.

Unfortunately, Piggy neglected to capture any of that with her camera. I was too busy enjoying myself. I have only one picture from the afternoon: a shot of the yarn sale/swap that took place between lunch and dessert.

blanket of yarn2

This was taken mid-sale. Piggy's stuff is in the bottom right-hand corner of the picture. I was good; I managed to select a fair amount of yarn to offer up to my fellow Wranglers. A few items were given away, but I also managed to snag some much-needed funds.

A few of my things came back home with me (no-one was interested in the Amaizing, for example), and they were joined by some new ones, too -- freebies!

First up, four skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock from MrsQ:

lornaslacesblue

lornaslacespurple

From beentsy, two skeins of Koigu:

beentsykoigu

And from Jen, some Confetti Superwash:

confetti

All sock yarn. Interesting choices for someone who has never completed a sock, no?

One more batch of yarn -- separate from the swap/sale -- is now happily ensconced chez Piggy. Check out what beentsy gifted me with:

rowanspun4ply

Eight -- eight! -- skeins of Rowanspun 4-ply, in a gorgeous purple very close to that of the Summer Tweed I recently adopted.

And if all that yarny goodness wasn't enough, there was one more gift for Piggy on Sunday, this one from MrsQ:

gin

A very generous donation in lieu of gas money. Far too kind.

And a very lucky Piggy am I. :o)

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were trying to contain the stash? :-)

    Nice goodies, though, and good to hear you got some of those much needed funds.

    ReplyDelete