Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summertime!

Well, not officially, perhaps. But it is the unofficial start of the summer: the Victoria Day long weekend (affectionately known to many Canadians, particularly in the east, as the "Two Four", the opening of cottage season, complete with their case(s) of 24 beer -- not beers, plural, but beer, plural. Ah, the intricacies of Canadian English!).

How was that for a run-on sentence?

I'm on the Sunshine Coast, which is, happily, actually sunny. Perhaps some photos tomorrow. For today, you'll just need to make do with a couple of pics of a sight that made me smile -- and recall summers past -- last week.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I'm too much of a chicken to ride a bike in Vancouver traffic, but if I did, I'd like something like this one. Complete with the streamers. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it turned into such a nice weekend! This has got to be the first sunny May long weekend around here in several years.

    I'd be on the Sunshine Coast too, if I hadn't been totally confused and thought that next weekend was the long weekend. Oh well....

    Have a great time in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous over here too, so awesome, it's never nice on a long weekend!

    Hey, are you going to be over in Gibsons for the fiber fest in August? I friend and are planning to attend, would be great to meet up if you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the streamers and I think a pretty basket on the front with some floral lining that can hold your knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sharp bike!

    ReplyDelete