Monday, May 11, 2009

Piggy Sings the Blues

The K1P1 Virus Blues
by yarnpiggy

Woke up this morning, my old hands so tight and sore,
Woke up this morning, my old hands so tight and sore,
Nine feet of single ribbing, dear Lord help me with this chore.

I caught the K1P1 virus, damn you brooklyntweed,
I caught the K1P1 virus, damn you brooklyntweed,
With your Noro Whoro scarf, you gave Lauren Kent the seed.*

It's spring term at Hogwarts, and I got my Ravenclaw pride,
It's spring term at Hogwarts, and I got my Ravenclaw pride,
But just one-third of my scarf done, Lord I wish I'd gone and died.

I caught the K1P1 virus, knit one, purl one, and repeat,
I caught the K1P1 virus, knit one, purl one, and repeat,
Six feet left to go, and lace has never seemed so sweet.

Half a month 'til deadline, got my cast off on the brain,
Half a month 'til deadline, got my cast off on the brain,
Nine feet of single ribbing, gonna drive poor Piggy insane.



* This is not true; Charmed Knits, within which is the Hogwarts House Scarves Year 3/4 pattern, was published a month before Jared Flood posted his Noro Striped Scarf on his blog. Piggy pleads artistic licence. (And hopes Mr. Flood and Ms. Kent, in the unlikely event they ever see this, will accept this in the spirit of fun with which it was written!)

3 comments:

  1. You are on a roll here, Y.P.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man.

    If I weren't forbidden from using t'internets til my wedding celebration weekend is all organised, invitations out and sorted, then I'd ask you if you knew what happens if you play a country music song backwards (as I am sure that this is equally applicable to the knit-blues):

    It's simple: your woman stops cheating, your horse comes homes and your dog comes back to life...

    ...so um, if you start tinking now?

    You'll get your sanity back, stop thinking that you'd prefer to die, have a whole heap o' yarn back in your stash, the KIPI compulsion will die away and your hands will stop a'hurtin'?!

    Instead? I'd take inspiration from the good Jared Flood, Himself, and put all that good yarn to work on something that involves garter stitch.

    A whole lot of nice, soothing garter stitch.

    But hey? I'm not allowed on the interwebs til I've done my wedding admin, so I ain't really a voice to take any notice of - no really, pretend you never saw me. Keep on with the K1P1.

    Honest, don't grass me up. I'll get in trouble. Opps, Fella coming...gotta go...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I am making this scarf in the Slytherin House colors, and I am just SO TIRED of K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 ad infinitum. I think I must have been nuts to even consider knitting this scarf! It is taking me forever and it is both boring and frustrating. Boring because of the 1 x 1 ribbing, and frustrating because I am struggling SO much with the dreadful edges....I have finally decided (I am only 30% of the way done with this scarf!) that I am positively THROUGH with the "slip the first stitch of each row" -- it looks awful even when I do it "right" -- so I am just now (yes even though what I have done looks awful it is STAYING looking awful - my DD is so thrilled that I am knitting this that she says if I rip it all out now she'll cry -- she wants the scarf done by Nov 2010 for the final movie debut -- so now I am just knitting the scarf "in pattern" edge to edge and it looks WAY better. Why the designer thought that slipping each first stitch of each row (except after color changes) would give the scarf a nice neat edge is beyond me. I will be SO glad when this scarf is FINISHED!!!!

    ReplyDelete