Saturday, May 16, 2009

A happy ending

Yesterday was the last day of my 90-day "casual" position at work. It wasn't the most intellectually stimulating job I've had -- by a long shot -- but I had a good time with a nice group of people.

A very nice group, in fact. Who surprised me with a bit of a send-off, and goodies:

Photobucket

A lovely bouquet of peonies, which I adore -- let's see those up close...

Photobucket

...and a very colourful piggy bank outfitted with purple butterfly wings. With a bit o' cash inside, even.

Not pictured: a box of my new favourite thing: the So Delicious Coconut Almond Minis.

Pretty nice haul for a goodbye from such a short gig, eh? It was a lovely surprise.

So...Piggy's now back on the hunt for a new job. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck....I'm sure you won't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best of luck and hoping that something wonderful is just around the corner. Those are lovely flowers! It must have been a neat group of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful. I agree with Nan and Carmen, I am sure you will find something amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet of them! I LOVE Peonies too I have a big one tattooed on my back even

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice send off! I'm a huge peony fan too. Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you enjoyed the little gifties :) Hope you will forgive me for orchestrating it behind your back!

    ReplyDelete