Sunday, May 31, 2009

FO: Schrute Beets

"Beets, Piggy? You knit beets? Seriously?"

Seriously.

beetsbigger

Beets. A.k.a. the "Secret Something for my Mal Swap Partner" found under the WIPs in the sidebar.

Confused? There's a big clue in that photo. Dunder Mifflin is the fictional company featured in The Office (the U.S. version).

Still in the dark? Don't worry; if you aren't a fan of the program, the connection isn't obvious.

My spoilee in the Malabrigo Swap, the lovely questionable, is fan of the show. A rather big fan. Particularly of the character Dwight Schrute, and the actor who plays him, Rainn Wilson.

Dwight, you see, owns a beet farm. And questionable and a band of fellow Dwight devotees have formed a group on Ravelry, Beets for Dwight. Their mission: to send Rainn Wilson a package of 100 knitted & crocheted beets.

I discovered this group while "stalking" questionable (this is a good thing; a requirement of the swap, in fact!), and knew instantly I would contribute a few to the cause. (The lunchbag -- one of a set of five -- was purchased here.)

Project Details:

Pattern: Schrute Beets, by Sarah Vendel (non-Rav link)
Yarn: Cascade220, colour 2401 for beets and stems; Patons Decor, Rich Sage Green (I believe; I've misplaced the label) for the leaves
Needles: 4.5mm/US 7 Clover bamboo DPNs
Modifications: I threw a few extra rounds/increases in there occasionally, but essentially none.

I, for one, am looking forward to Wilson's reaction. I follow his Twitter feed, and I'm pretty sure this bit of fan mail will make the "tweet-worthy" cut.


Thanks to questionable for allowing me to use her photo; I forgot to take one before I sent the package!

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of knit root vegetables. Well done.

    ReplyDelete